Sunday, March 24, 2013

Old friends

It's strange to me to think back to all of the friends I have from different times in my life. Elementary school friends and high school friends, college friends and first job friends, current job friends and parents of kids at school friends. They've all made up a part of my life, and even stranger is that some of them have been friends for over 25 years! I cannot possibly be that old!

Last week I had the chance to get together with a friend from college who I studied in Europe with. Sarah was a few years behind me in school, and while we weren't great friends, we did tend to travel together. She came over to my house with her husband and her 2 year old son, and she brought her photo albums. We clearly did travel together, as I was in so many of her pictures. Yikes! Not such a flattering time for me.

Apparently, Sarah moved from the Quad Cities to this area after graduation, and then to West Bend about 8 years ago. I only noticed this when I was looking at Facebook while in The Bahamas, and was chatting with her electronically. Even more than that, I work with her sister in law! I just think it's so strange, and such a small, small world! Now I'm dying to go back and look at my old Europe pictures. I guess the one good thing about growing old is... More great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment