Saturday, February 2, 2013

Compliments

I am taking this moment to be thankful for compliments that come in the most unexpected places.

As I was packing for the Bahamas on Thursday, I was staring at myself a little too long in the mirror, debating if the sun dress I was wearing was flattering or not. At that moment, Ava came into my room and, in her most awe-filled voice, declared, "Wow, Mama! You look bootiful!" I love that girl.

On the first flight out this morning I sat next to a man an began chatting. He is 65 and a salesman for Matrix hair care products. He's travelled quite a bit and conversation just flowed. He mentioned that he was once in psychology, which was interesting to me, but before that in the seminary for five years. He no longer goes to church and we got into a discussion about religion vs. spirituality and what it all means. When we landed he said that his conference he was going to was good, even though he hadn't even been there yet, because he got the opportunity to talk to me, which was a blessing. What a nice compliment from a total stranger!

I love compliments from unexpected places... Such great confidence boosters!







No comments:

Post a Comment