Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bahama Mama

I know that nobody feels bad for me, but it's HARD coming back from a week of vacation. I'm catching up I think, but nothing slows down for sure!

Here's the night before I left. I had a really early flight on Saturday, and Dave was getting in late on Friday, so he suggested I bring the kids down, go swimming at the Hyatt until he gets in, then he'd take them home and I could stay there. Perfect! It was nice having just some time with the kids before I left for the week.
 After a long day of travel, Sarah (my coworker) and I made it! It was chilly and overcast the first day... about 69 degrees. On Sunday of course was the Super Bowl, and what better way to watch it than on the balcony with a big screen TV??
 Beer of the Bahamas. I like it!
 On the first day before the Super Bowl we walked into town, just over 5 miles. It was a nice walk and we got to see more than on the bus. One of the things we saw... this doctor's office. It just cracked me up!
Atlantis! It was really beautiful and had really high end shopping (think Rolex and Cartier). But, I heard it was really expensive and it was quite busy. It was nice to see but we preferred our little corner of the world.
Our beautiful beach...

On our third day there, we had a delivery. It was from one of our COOs from work. Two bottles of champagne, crackers, cheese fruit. It was perfect breakfast the entire time! And we were truly humbled to be so appreciated. Thanks, Kevin!!

My view for 7 days. Except the little coconut drink was usually in my hand.

I thought about the kids just enough to write their names in sand and buy the souveniers!




Sarah and me. Not an extremely flattering picture, but whatever. We went out on a paddle boat, and one day we went parasailing. The view from parasailing was like no other, but it did make me a little sick to my stomach.

The daquiri shack... or better know as the Daq Shack. Daquiris with fresh fruit... can't be beat!!

One of our pools. They were cold but beautiful.

Beautiful Sarah!

The view from our room... Loved waking up to this!

It was a week of rest and relaxation. I want to go back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment