Sunday, October 7, 2012

This and that

So, Dave yelled at me yesterday because he's tired of seeing Tundra on the top of the blog. I guess life got in the way of the blogging, and I'm still trying to catch up with the calendar. In my mind it's still September. Not too bad, right? Except it's September 2010.

First things first, we did not get a dog. I took Abby, Max and Ava to visit Tundra, and she was the sweetest thing ever. Unless she accidentally fell on you, she would never harm you. When we came home, the kids were in full on convince Dave to get a dog mode. Ava pleaded and said, "Please, daddy, can we get a dog?" Abby told Dave how great his shirt looked and told him he was the best dad ever. Max just said, "I miss Sadie. But I really liked the chihuahua." (He was NOT helping the cause.) In the end, I agreed with Dave. A dog is just too much right now, and a big, hairy, drooly (did I mention the front of Tundra was soaked from her drool??) smelly dog is probably not the right dog for us. But don't tell Dave that I said that.

In other news, Max asked Abby how come she has little boobs. I think he meant the nothing little training bras she has, but still. Abby was of course mortified. And it made me realize that I won't be able to blog about the kids' lives forever. They will NOT appreciate that, I'm sure.

On top of the regular work and school things, Nolan is finishing up baseball (brrrr!!!) and starting basketball (which Dave is coaching). Abby is starting volleyball (which I'm coaching). Max continues in Tae Kwon Do and Ava just tags along wherever we need her to. I'm not at all sure that I should have volunteered to coach volleyball. In fact, just the opposite, I'm fairly sure I shouldn't have. Abby is really young on the team, and I'm not positive she would have actually made the 12s team if I weren't coaching. In fact, she would have played on the 11s team instead, which is less pressure, fewer tournaments, and just likely would have been a better fit for her and our entire family. What was I thinking??

Anyone want to adopt a St. Bernard, before I break down and take that on too??  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment