Sunday, October 14, 2012

Technology

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I'm certain we all probably do, right? I love I can keep this blog for all the world to see. I hate that I feel guilty when I don't update it. I love that I can call anyone at anytime. I hate that anyone can call me at anytime. I love the productivity my computer allows me to have. I hate the time sucker that my computer can become.

Recently, Nolan realized that he can text me from his iTouch. He has to be at home (or have WiFi of some sort), but he sends me random things... pictures of pictures from around the house, cars he likes (you know, Jaguar, Bentley, Corvette), or his favorite sports logos. He'll send me videos too, like this one of Max...

I actually never thought I would let him text, or be close to the Internet, for that matter. But you know what? it's kind of fun. I get random messages, and I'm just happy he wants to text him mom. He's funny and makes me laugh. And, considering he would much rather be watching a sport (any sport!) on TV than talk to me, I like that it feels like he's reaching out a little bit.

And then there's Abby... she started asking for a phone. I know she's kidding (mostly!), but the funny thing is I would (almost) prefer she have one. One of her friends has one, and when she's here, her mom can call her on her phone, and when Abby's with her at the park, Abby can call me! I don't think Abby's old enough or, quite frankly, responsible enough, but I can see why it would be beneficial.

Kids and technology. They will certainly out pace me by the time they're 12! (And yes, Nicole, given that I don't even remotely understand Twitter, I understand that that won't be very difficult!)

No comments:

Post a Comment