Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Monday, and Ava peed on my shoes

Quite the title, don't you think? As I'm sitting here at work, waiting for a meeting to start, it just struck me as funny. Before I left this morning, Ava had to pee. So I took her to the bathroom, where she mostly made it in the potty, and the rest, well, ended up on her pants and my shoe. I wiped it off, like any mother would do, and then left for work, and now I'm meeting with my execs... a COO, four VPs, a handful of directors. As they talk about their morning, I wonder how they would respond if I actually told them that Ava peed on my shoe.

On Friday, I read an article called something like, "Can you have it all?" and it went through the definitions of what different ages thing having it all means. The right job, a great family, time for you, etc. It just strikes me as funny, the question itself, and think we should more appropriately be asking, "Should you have it all?" Because inherently, having it all means choices, which in turn means you're giving something up to make those choices. So how do you ever have it all?

All I know is I have meetings with execs and pee on my shoe. If that's not having it all, what is?

No comments:

Post a Comment