Friday, August 17, 2012

You break my heart!

Yesterday, the kids had school registration. This includes finding out who their teachers are, their classmates, school pictures taken, the whole nine yards. Check out these kids... how cute are they? 
Max is so excited to be going to school. He wanted to play on the playground, but we didn't have time. I told him starting next month, he'd be able to play every day, three times a day, during recess. He was beaming! Nolan is excited because his best baseball bud, Elijah, is in his class with him. I'm little disappointed because Nolan doesn't have the same 3rd grade teacher Abby had, and I loved her. That's the year Abby had her bone infection, and her teacher couldn't have been any more helpful during that time. But, I'm assuming we'll like Nolan's teacher just as much. And Abby is excited that she got the teacher she was hoping for. By 5th grade, you generally know all the kids, and so it's just a matter of which friends she's in class with, and she has one or two really close friends in there with her, so she's happy. I can't believe that this was the last registration for her at this school... next year, off to middle school. Wow!

And then there's this little girl. How grown up is she with her new hairstyle? Apparently, she loved getting it cut so much that they also styled it, including hairspray! She is my diva for sure.

Last night, she wanted to sleep with Dave in our VIP Lounge (what others may call our spare or toy room). I told her no, and she started throwing a fit, so I left her and went downstairs. Pretty soon, she was coming downstairs, and with hand over her chest, declared, "You're breaking my heart, mommy!" I immediately thought I misunderstood, so said, "I'm breaking your heart?" And of course she responded, "Yes! You're breaking my heart. And Abby's heart. And No No's (Nolan's) heart. And Mae's (Max's) heart. And Daddy's heart. And Ray Ray's (Rayva's) heart. And Kimmy Jo's heart." Wow. That's a lot of heartbreak! After a few more conversations with Daddy, she came back and said, "I ok Mommy. My heart's all better." 

They clearly aren't my little babies anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment