Sunday, November 13, 2011

The (mis)adventures of Addie

On Friday, Max got to take home the class pet... Addie the Armadillo! Addie rode bikes with Max.
 Addie watched Rio with Max, his siblings and cousins.
 Addie hung out on Max's shoulder.
 And on his head.
 And leg.
 She even played basketball with him.
 And when she was cold, Max wrapped Addie up in his warm up pants.
 While Max was basketballing, Ava didn't want Addie to feel left out, so she showed her around.
 She played foosball, too!

And then... Addie when to watch Nolan play basketball. It was late morning, and Max had Addie sleeping in his pocket, but unfortunately Ava was sleepy as well. So sleepy that when she saw Addie, she had to have him. So she screamed and screamed, and after much cajoling, Max let Ava hold Addie. I promised to get her away as soon as Ava lost interest.

Well, Ava lost interest. And lost Addie. I forgot about her until Dave called me, panicked, asking me if I had Addie. I did not. Addie was in the gym in the now-locked school. Oy.

I wish I knew the ending of this story. As far as I know, Addie is still there, crying for Max to come and rescue her. I hope she's been picked up by a nice janitor and placed in a warm lost and found amidst coats and hats and mittens, and that Dave will be able to claim her tomorrow morning. I fear that she's going forever, and I'll always be known as the mom who lost the class pet.

I'm not sure I can live that one down!

No comments:

Post a Comment