Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Changes, changes

I have to say, I'm a little overwhelmed. Work has been BUSY. Some of it has been general work in helping the business as part of my job (helping orchestrate organizational changes, communication plans, performance management and other such things, if you don't know what I do (and you probably still don't!)). Some of it has been filling in for a coworker who recently left the company. Some of it has been (I hope!) people are starting to see my value add and want additional things from me. And some of it is I have a new boss (she'll do great things for the business, but figuring out the rules of engagement tires me out).

On top of all of this, Dave has been interviewing. There's a long story behind that, that I'll spare you the details on, but making a long story short, he's going back to API. On November 21.

So what does that mean? That means we need daycare (and more specifically a nanny) before then. And I need to figure out how to pay a nanny, and do paperwork and file taxes, and all that other stuff. And that means another car since I don't expect any nanny to have a car they can drive four kids around in, and so will be giving them use of the van (so I think I want a Smart car!). And that means figuring out general logistics of not having a parent home, preparing the kids, and other things I'm not even thinking about.

So, change is good, but it makes me tired. I would like the world to just stop spinning for one day, please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment