Thursday, January 6, 2011

The girls

I have two wild and crazy girls. One, the little one, sat on the potty tonight and pooped. She pooped! She hasn't gotten rid of her nukie yet, but she pooped on the potty. Baby steps.

The older one hasn't felt well lately. I'm sure it's just the same cold the rest of us have, but is complaining about a headache quite often. I'm sure she's just tired as the little girl seems to wake her up a little more often than we'd like. But still she's funny. She earned a pizza party/lunch with three of her friends at school today. Her teacher emailed me what they said. After hopping them up on caffeine, this is what Ms. Biron learned (with my annotated comments in red)...
Most of their conversations were about their siblings. Although I did hear about Abby's Dad's boss being fired as he came out of the bathroom [I'm sure Dave said something like this, but I have no idea what the real story is!], and the new boss's 20 a day Pepsi habit [true!] (they have to wheel it in, Miss Biron! [not so much]). I also learned that most of these girls can hear their Dads shouting "touchdown!" from anywhere in the house, and that they are Duke, Wisconsin and Packer fans, although one admits to kind of liking the Vikings [at least I'm pretty sure Abby's the Duke fan and Packer fan, and not the secret Viking fan].
I learned about the new plan with post-its to get Abby to try new foods, which she thinks is pretty cool because she can cash it in on fish nights [once she earns five stickers for trying without tears or attitude, she can turn five in when she doesn't want to try. But beware! Don't turn them in too early or you may have something you like even less!]. And that she thinks meat is not so bad when it is mixed with noodles, and chicken is OK with ketchup [note to self: make more meat with noodles and get the ketchup out]. Fish and broccoli are definitely NOT cool. All of these girls are the oldest in their families, and they like being in charge of the younger ones because they can tell them to stop fighting [yeah, I bet none of them are the instigators]. They all though little brothers were really cool until they started to get bigger. Now they're not so sure about them. [Me either.]
This is just too funny to me. I just wonder what the kids' teachers will learn about our family throughout the years, times four kids!



They are a well traveled bunch and love the trips they've been on. The highlights include chasing seagulls, dead jellyfish and swimming, roughly in that order!

No comments:

Post a Comment