Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Out of chaos, peace

This weekend my friend Jenny and I went to a resort/spa. We started planning it months ago, but with all the kids' medical issues of late, and crazy life in general between the two of us (she has four kids too... all boys!), I wasn't sure it was really going to happen. I felt a little guilty leaving Dave along all weekend to manage Abby's medicine, Ava's medicine, and life in general around here. But I planned it anyway.

The universe was almost against us, as Jenny got in a car accident Friday night, and couldn't drive her van to meet me at my house. Never one to let such little things get in the way, I drove to pick her up and we were on our way to Lake Geneva for the weekend.

After so much chaos over the past few months, and just the general chaos of life in general, the weekend was amazingly relaxing. I got a massage and a facial, and spent eight hours in the spa, checking out the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, amazing showers and just relaxing, talking and reading. We were running a little late for dinner and a Christmas show that night, but it all worked out perfectly. The show was a little kitschy but it couldn't be too bad all Christmas music. After that, we listened to the piano player in the lounge and from the second floor, over the railing, people watched. Well, we watched three couples specifically, for almost two hours. They were fascinating... at least in our heads and the lives we made up for them! We went to bed at 1, but slept until 10. It was all so quiet, so peaceful.

Then we drove home in the snow. It wasn't too bad, but we hit some major white out areas and large drifts. We stopped for awhile a book fair, and the continued on our way. It was the most relaxing relaxing I've had in a long, long time. The only bad part is that now it's over! But I'll look at the only two pictures I took there, and remember finding peace among the chaos.


P.S. I would be very remiss if I didn't give a shout out to Dave. He was in a great mood when I got home later than I anticipated. The house was clean, laundry washed, kids were great. I just may have to go away more often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment