Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas cards

I love Christmas cards. I love seeing whose will be first, and how long after Thanksgiving. I love seeing the new pictures, reading the letters, getting the cards in the mail. And, believe it or not, I love writing them out. I'm always on the later side of sending them out because I wait until my work Christmas party to take pictures of the kids in their Christmas outfits. And then all the writing, addressing, stamping, licking. And I have to write in each one. I just can't get it all pre-printed. This year I didn't like my card so much. For some reason, I showed Dave a couple, he picked one, and I went with it. I liked the color, but it had hearts (hearts!) on it, which so aren't me. And it said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Also not me. But still, Christmas cards were especially fun this year. While I addressed and wrote in, Abby stamped, return addressed, licked and sealed. It made it go so much quicker! And even more than that, she was interested in who these people were that we were sending cards to. Some were easy... that's my aunt, that's daddy's cousin. Some were more abstract... that is Grumpy's old boss's wife, that's the mom of Daddy's best friend from high school. It was so nice to explain to her who each of the people were, and why they're still on my Christmas card list. The difference they made in our lives, and how much we appreciate each and every one of them, even if we don't see them very often. And for those we do see often? We appreciate them, too, and want to make sure we don't take them for granted. In this time of tasks and to do lists, Christmas cards will always remain at the top of my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment