Thursday, April 22, 2010

Skateboarding is life

Did I give you enough time to get through the monster vacation post? :)  I'm having trouble re-assimilating to real life. I want to go back! It's also compounded by a couple of things... Ava has been under the weather. She's actually getting better now, I think, but is still off and on. On Sunday she started a fever, Monday a little more, and by Tuesday she was wiped out. I think she slept over 10 hours during the day, and even when she was awake, she just had her head on my chest. She was running a 102 degree fever, and I just felt bad for her. Hopefully she's on the way to recovery... even though I don't really know what she's recovering from, other than fever and sleepiness!

In addition, work has been busy. I have a couple of new projects starting, and since I wasn't around for a week of vacation (and, let's face it, checked out for at least a week on either side), I'm trying to catch up. Instead of my normal 10 hours, I'm already over 20. It might not sound like a lot to you, but to me it makes my life super busy!

But anyway... I know I've mentioned some skateboarding things in the past. Nolan got a skateboard for Christmas from Dave's sister and he loves it, now that it's nice enough to be outside using it. And since he got a big one, he wrapped up his little one for Max, and Max loves that! So, since he loves skateboarding, we decided to get him skateboard ramps for his birthday. And, since they came in three huge boxes and we were cleaning the garage, we decided to give them to him early. And, he LOVED it. He, and all the kids, have really gotten a lot of use out of them already, and he's only had them since Saturday. We're waiting for the first major accident, but so far, so good!

Here's Nolan modeling them. With his helmet... a must!

The first couple times down, Nolan cried. "They're not supposed to be so fast!" he said. I just laughed. By the end of the day, he was up and down like he'd been doing it forever.
It works with the scooters, too, which is nice.

Here's Max showing off his tricks. The kid is crazy.
A lot of times, he ends up like this.

And it all just makes him so, so tired!

I couldn't let the post go by without a rememberance of Dominican. I miss Abby's braids. But I love her shirt!

And this baseball is made of soapstone--made in the Dominican. Just perfect for Nolan's souvenir!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

Adam would LOVE those ramps!

Post a Comment