Thursday, November 5, 2009

This week's learnings

They say you learn something new every day. I'm not sure about that, but this week I learned two things for sure.
  1. If I worked full time, Abby wouldn't be able to be in swim club. Dave was gone last night, so I brought the boys and Ava to the Y with me while Abby practiced from 7-8. I was tired from working all day and as we were running around the track, I realized there's no way I could take that time three nights a week to take her without exhausting myself.
  2. Household chores will always be there later. I know, I know, duh, right? A couple of Fridays ago, the house was actually mostly clean, it was really rainy and dreary outside, and I was tired. So, when Max went down for a nap, I just sat down with Ava and napped with her. And I think I've done that every day since. At first, I thought I would regret not using the time to get laundry done, dishes, cleaning. Now I realize I would regret not taking the time to just sit with Ava. I know that too soon I'll be writing about her being too big to do just that.

That's it! Maybe it doesn't seem like big things, but they were big things when I thought of them!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

Those ARE big things! Those are learning-to-appreciate-and-enjoy-your-life-right-now kinds of things!

Post a Comment