Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm THAT mom

You know when you're in the store and there's some mom, letting her kids do something, an dyou think GEEZ! What is wrong with that mom? Yeah, well, that was me today. I went to the grocery store quick after dropping Abby off at school, and about halfway through Max decided he just wanted to run. Everywhere. And, since there weren't many people around the store, I let him. Once we got to frozen foods, there was an older lady there, so I caught Max and carried him the rest of the way. As I got to the checkout, I told Nolan to take Max to the drinking fountain, mainly to get him away from the candy and gum. They went over there while I was chit chatting with the cash register, and then went out to the carts, came back in, and then pretty soon Nolan comes running in, "Mommy I need you!" Uh oh. Yup, Max went out into the parking lot by himself. Ugh. One of the managers ran out and got him for me. Fortunately there weren't any cars around, but still. I was quite embarassed. Then, after getting everyone to the car, I was putting the groceries in and Max didn't have his seatbelt on yet. SO, he jumped out and ran out into the parking lot again. Man! You would think I would learn, but I guess not today. Tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

Yeah, well I'm the Mom who gives her 5-yr-old a cart and a list and tells him to shop for me. And the Mom whose 3-yr-old is constantly running out of the library on her. So don't feel bad -- you have company!

Post a Comment