Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm a day late on this, but the sentiment is still there. Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there. Mother's Day in our house was low-key but nice, as always! It started a little early since the kidlets got up at 6:45 and came into bed with me right away, but there's really nothing better than waking up and having them all there, all hanging out with me. It's hard to believe that next year at this time, there will be another one, too!

We've never done big gifts for Mother's Day (or Father's Day, or birthdays, or Christmas for that matter!) but I got great gifts from the kids for sure. They were so proud of what they made. Nolan gave me a card he made, a ticket for a present and a handprint butterfly. He asked if it was ok that he didn't make the present yet. Of course, Nolan! No problem...


On his card he thought it was so cool that he learned to draw hearts and that the Os doubled as faces for the drawing of him and me together.



Abby's stuff that she made from school was really neat. There was a boquet of flowers, a picture holder with an old-fashioned picture of her, and a book all about me!





The part about me saying Darn it is especially funny and I'm glad they didn't do this for Father's Day (yet!). On our way to Minnesota last week, the kids were playing Simon Says... Simon Says act like Nolan... Simon Says act like Abby... When they got to Simon Says act like Daddy, Abby said "Damn it! You spilled another ranch dressing?" Which is exactly what Dave said at lunch that day. It was pretty funny, but I'm not sure her teacher would have appreciated it!!



And this is from Max. It was really cute, but what was even cuter was him, at 6:50 in the morning, taking out the flowers and eating half the M&Ms in the bottom! Breakfast of champions!

Other than that, Dave made me breakfast (and it wasn't in bed this time, which was good, because it just gets too hard with all those kids there, too!), I got Dave to go to church with me and then we headed to Costco. Dave was good through church, but Costco? Not so much... too much shopping and trying to corral the kids! I came home, read the paper, took a nap, watched tv, went outside for a bit, Dave made steaks for dinner, and I took a bath before bed. Can't beat a day like that!
Saturday we had a good time this weekend, too. Abby had a birthday party to go to and then her friend Reagan came over that afternoon. It's funny seeing Abby with her friends because it's like I just really want her to fit in. And yet, I want her to have a mind of her own. And luckily, she seems to have both. I asked Dave on Saturday morning if I should start going to PTO meetings. It seems like all of her friends' moms do, and I worry that if I'm not friends with their moms, maybe she won't be friends with the kids. It's stupid, I know... it's all my own insecurities and worries coming to the limelight. Next thing you know, I'll be one of those crazy moms in the news who would do anything to have their kids fit it! I guess since Abby seems to be doing fine on her own, I'll pass on the PTO...
They had a lof of fun with the window markers...

And I promise if you ever let your kid come to my house, I'll take the plastic bags off her head before I take a picture!

While Abby had a friend over, the boys built castles with cups...

Look out for Max!
There it goes!

And finally, a picture of Nolan, who Dave has taken to calling Hitler. He's had such a runny nose, and now it's all raw between his nose and his lip. I think he looks more like he's trying to grow a moustache while going through puberty, but either way, he looks kind of funny!
Happy Monday to all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love, love, love the photo of Abby all dressed up! She's just adorable. -- Nicole

Jennifer Fink said...

I just have to say that according to Abby's drawing, you pretty darn chipper in the morning!

Post a Comment