Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time

Time is such a strange concept, alternately moving too quickly and then too slowly. We're going to Florida on Sunday, and it couldn't get here fast enough. But we're going to Florida on Sunday, and I have a lot to do before now and then! Too fast, and too slow, all at once. I also can't believe it's Thursday already. Dave left Saturday for a tradeshow and got home yesterday. That it's Thursday already makes that time seem so fast, and yet, some days, some moments, while he was gone, just couldn't go fast enough!

So, since Dave was gone last weekend, I took the kiddos up to my mom and dad's for the weekend. While a long drive, we had a good time and it was nice to see everyone and to get the kids out of here for a little bit. Saturday we took the kids to Irvine Park (we go there a lot, like here, for instance) since the kids really like it. For the first time, the cougars were in a new habitat. At first, one of them was just laying there. And then it saw Max! It must have recognized immediately that it was the runt of the pack. Whichever window Max went to, there was the cougar. Abby and Nolan started running back and forth past the 5 or 6 windows and Max would follow, and the cougar just kept eyeing him up. If he stopped in the middle, so did the cougar. Good thing the glass was good! Then, after about 15 minutes, Max wandered away and the cougar started eyeing up another little boy. The mom wasn't really paying attention and all of a sudden the cougar pounced, paws up on the window and everything. I think the mom almost had a heart attack!!

The rest of the weekend was filled with visiting my aunt and uncle, playing and hanging out at Gram and Grumpy's house, and then church and leaving on Sunday. I was tired and the kids were antsy, so instead of driving straight home, we stopped at Tommy Bartlett's Robot World and Exploratory in the Dells, which was fun. There were only two other people we saw there, so we had the whole thing to ourselves, and the kids had a lot of fun. It got us home late (7:30), but it was worth it. Too bad I forgot my camera!!

I started this post this morning, and now it's after 10:00. Kids are done with school until after spring break, we're headed to the zoo tomorrow, Saturday we'll pack, and Sunday we're off to Florida! I can't wait. I think I'll even leave my computer at home!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Leave the computer at home. It's hard, but you will relax even more! We did it a couple of weeks ago and I felt a little overwhelmed when I came back catching up, but boy did I relax.

Hope you have a great Easter and a fun time in Florida.

Stacy

Post a Comment