Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's the little things

The other night, Dave made the kids (and me!) root beer floats, and he definitely made their day. It's definitely the little things that make all the difference. I actually have really cute pictures of them enjoying their floats, but Dave reorganized the office, and once again I can't find the USB cable for my camera. Ugh! Oh well. Take my word for it.

Oh, but don't get me wrong, it's also the big things, too. Tomorrow we leave for Florida. Woo hoo! 88 degrees and sunny, here I come!!

I hope everyone has a nice, blessed, very happy Easter. Tonight I took the time to go to Easter Vigil mass, which, as those of you who are Catholic know, lasts a LONG time! I left the house at 7:30 and got home THREE HOURS LATER! My oh my! But the candles, and the blessings, and the singing, it's all so sacred that you can't help but be moved by it. They even had a baptism of an adult too. I couldn't figure out why Father had tennis shoes on with no socks under his vestments, until he got in the baptism font with the man and poured three pitchers of water over his head! They had a complete costume change after that. Interesting indeed.

Happy week to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment