Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Red Panda Easter Park!

WHAT?? Yes... don't you have Red Panda Easter Park Day? Well, in our house, when a trip to Florida comes in the middle of a trip to Gram and Grumpy's house and the park, and a trip to the zoo with Aunt Jen and kids, and Easter, you get a mixed-up blog post for Red Panda Easter Park Day. Aren't you lucky??

Here we are at Irvine Park. I think I wrote about this earlier, but didn't have pics since they were all on my mom's camera. What I like about Irvine is we go there often enough, so that through the years, I can see the kids grow and change. Here's a picture of Max with Grumpy that I just love. It almost looks like fall instead of late winter/early spring, doesn't it?


Here's the cougar that kept chasing Max. You can see Max through the window, and the cougar just waiting for him to move.


And everytime, we get the kids on the bear. At least they seem to like it as much as we like taking the picture... for now!



Somewhere in there, Easter also happened too. We colored eggs at my mom and dad's house (Gram and Grumpy's) so that I wouldn't end up with a million hard-boiled eggs rotting in my fridge while we were in Florida. The grand plan was to have Max nap while Abby and Nolan colored eggs, but that didn't work exactly right and Max was awake. He colored some, but didn't get so much that you had to be gentle with them. But at least he had fun!





And here's Easter morning. The Easter Bunny hid plastic eggs since he knew we were going on vacation. He actually his SIXTY-FOUR of them, and the kids found them all. I'm not sure if Abby had more fun finding her own, or helping Max find some. I think she's going to make a good Easter Bunny someday herself!








On Good Friday, Nolan and my nephew Cole had zoo class. The zoo is another place where we go often enough that I can compare pictures of what the kids look like year to year. We walked around while they were in class and I think everyone had fun. Here's Max on the carousel, which he's done before, but this time, he did not like it. It started moving, and he cried, and I had to take him to sit on a bench that didn't move, instead.


But Abby and Erin liked it!


All the kids were very interested in how they feed the jaguars and watched the whole movie!


The stroller got a workout. Thank goodness Abby was pushing it!

Chad, Max, Erin, Abby, Nolan, Cole.


Them all again in front of the lion. Oops, I don't know if you can see the lion!

Here's Red Panda Nolan and Red Panda Cole. I think they had a good time!
And this is what red panda tails look like...


Which is the real red panda?


The massager chairs... always a hit!


Always have to make fishy faces in front of the seals! Max is wondering what the heck is going on.

Giraffes Erin and Max.


And giraffes Abby and Chad.


More massage chair!


Abby and Erin... best cousins!


And that's it for Red Panda Easter Park Day! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! :)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

FUN!!!!! I love the pics. Six kids to the zoo? Sounds like an adventurous day!

Jennifer Fink said...

Abby is looking so grown-up already!

Post a Comment