Monday, September 9, 2013

Appropos of nothing

I do love that the school communicates quite well. And even when I ignore it and completely miss things, I still appreciate that I got it and they tried. But sometimes I have to scratch my head at the random things. The email below, for example, came on the third day of school. I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Do I need to buy those books? Talk to Abby about them? Read them myself? Or, is it just for my information to stay a little more tuned in? Who knows. But, it does make me want to go back to 6th grad Language Arts just so I can sit and read all day!

This email is regarding: ABIGAIL GAWRYCH.
Class: LANGUAGE ARTS 6 ADV Prd: 3 Teacher: J SCHOENBECK
-----------------------------------------------
Here is a list of books that Advanced students will read in LA this year.
A Long Way from Chicago
Gulliver’s Travels
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Out of the Dust
Ulysses (The Odyssey)
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Inside Out and Back Again

This is not a complete list because some units allow student choice.

Mr. Schoenbeck


1 comment:

NMNiemi said...

As it happens, Abby's in luck! Her Godmother has read every one of these books. I reread The Witch of Blackbird Pond countless times. As I look back now, no idea why I loved it. :)

--Nicole

Post a Comment