Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Democrat friends, close your eyes!

Despite being disappointed in the results of the election last night, I'm proud of myself that I woke up and was able to make Nolan happy by telling him Obama won. He likes Obama because Obama is from Chicago and likes the Bears. Good of reason as any, I suppose. I was even more proud of myself that I turned it into a lesson about electoral college vs. popular vote, how many voters voted, and why it's our duty and right to vote, especially since people in other countries put their lives in danger to vote. When Nolan asked me how Obama reacted when he found out he won, I even let him watch the acceptance speech over breakfast (it helped my diet... I was suddenly not hungry anymore!). And finally? I was ultimately proud when Nolan asked how Romney responded, realized he must have been really sad, and then asked to watch his speech too.

I can't control the election, but I can be proud of my own little corner of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment