Monday, January 16, 2012

Coffee, Cola and Love

I have a test on Friday. I don't think I've had an actual test since college. Medical tests, yes. Life tests, of course. But not actual tests that I can study for and pass/fail. And pay nearly $500 to take. The test is for my HR Certification. Usually you would sign up for a study group and, well, study. I signed up late in the game and so no study groups were available. In my infinite wisdom, I purchased a self-study program. When I purchased it, I was worried because I only had two months to study. Then I proceeded to procrastinate on studying for 6 weeks and then cram this weekend.

I got a lot done, but not enough. Out of 6 modules, I've just cracked open #5. I took the entire weekend, living at the gym, the library, McDonald's, my mom and dad's, to try to absorb information. I'm doing ok at learning it all... not great by far.

But, the best part about it all is the support. Everyone at work has been supportive of me taking time to study. My mom and dad were more than happy to let me sleep in their bed and use their spare room for quiet. And Dave... on Friday I got a big bag called "Late Night Study Survival Kit." It had coffee and Diet Coke, warm socks and deodorant, bugles and fritos. And my favorite rum. I'll have to wait for Friday for that.

At any rate, wish me luck. One more week and I'm done with it... good bad or otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment