Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Working from home

At noon today, I had a dentist appointment. I had meetings I had to go to afterwards, but beforehand, I stayed and worked from home. Or should I say "worked from home." It's funny, because I know how hard it was and yet how relieved I was when I was home and Dave worked from home. On the one hand, it was hard to keep all the kids away. Even when his office was closed, they wanted to go in and talk to him. So, sometimes I had to make up stuff to do, or take them down into the basement. On the other hand, it was nice to just have someone else here. Someone nearby, just in case. Someone to talk to, even just in passing.

So this morning was funny. I had a book I needed to get some reading done on, and did. But in between, I had Ava in my lap, watching the Gummi Bear Song, or one of it's many variations. And I played with Max. And I watched Abby and Nolan play beer pong. Er, I mean soda pong. Even as I was trying to get things done, I was enjoying spending the time with them. I really love what I'm doing for work, for the most part, but I do miss them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment