Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Super jealous

All day yesterday I was jealous of Dave. Abby had zoo class all day, so he packed lunches, got everything together, and got to hang out at the zoo all day. It was a perfect, perfect weather zoo day, and every time I went outside yesterday, I couldn't help but think, "I wish I were at the zoo!"

When I called home on my way home from work, however, I began to see the zoo may have not been all it was cracked up to be. Dave alluded to something happening at the zoo, and it turns out that something was Max getting lost! One minute they were all feeding the goats, the next minute, no Max. From what I've pieced together from what Dave told me, and from what Max told him, Dave said they needed to wash their hands, and instead of going to the hand washing station right there, Max went to the bathroom. When Max realized he was along, he sat down by a tree and curled up. A woman asked him if he needed help and at first he wouldn't talk to her, but eventually he let her help him. Meanwhile, Dave looked for 15-20 minutes, and then got security. It wasn't long after that the woman came with Max, and they were all reunited. Max was a little subdued for 20 minutes, Dave said, but bounced right back to his old crazy self.

I always said with four kids I'm lucky... One gets lost, there's still three more. Turns out, I'd like to keep all four! Also turns out... I still would have rather been at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment