Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, Monday

Despite Dave having to leave on Sunday morning at 6:45 for work, we had a really nice weekend. Most of it was because of two really wonderful women who I got to hang out and visit with on Saturday. However, because of reasons out of my control (namely, I'm really tired and I can't find my camera), I find myself unable to write about it tonight.

So, instead, I'll write about Mondays.Believe it or not, I love our Mondays. Other than the fact that I actually have to get up and get going, we have a good day. The bigs get going on their schedule and head off to school. Then Ava and I go and drop Max off at his school. He just loves school, so it's so easy to get him going. And once he's off, it's just Ava and me. We usually head to the Y for a little bit, then maybe some grocery shopping. And lately it's been so nice out that we go to Max's school and play around for a little bit. Then Max gets done and we head home. Ava falls asleep in the car, so I get her down for a nap right away. Then Max and I eat lunch together and he usually watches a movie while Ava sleeps. I then am able to read my book do laundry, and by the time Ava wakes up and has lunch, the movie is done, and the three of us play. And lately, Max and Ava have even been playing together. Max will sneak up into Ava's room when she wakes up from her nap and she just laughs. He climbs in with her and jumps her around and she's so happy. It's amazing that this little girl, who could barely smile a year ago, can actually be Max's playmate! Anyway, from there it's outside and waiting for the bigs to come back home and on with our regular day. It's just so much fun to spend one-on-one time with the littles.

Then, every other Monday we have CCD (church class), and I usually don't look forward to that so much. But this year? It's the first time I'm not teaching one of my own kids (I have 4 and 5 year olds), and I have mostly girls, and they are lots of fun. Even that, I'm really liking so far this year. And after a day of one-on-one with the littles, it's nice to leave them home and have some time with the bigs.

It's so positive about a Monday! But just wait 'til Tuesday... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment