Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Damn it, you don't like me!

Ok, so I don't really think you don't like me. And I don't usually swear at you. I'm sorry. It's just the refrain that we've heard around our house lately! It kind of goes like this...

Nolan, shooting his nerf dart, shoots it behind the tv. Then says, "Damn it!" What? What did you say? Yup, sure enough. No, Nolan, we don't say that. Yes, I know daddy says it, but it's still not something a five-year old should say!

Then Abby, attempting to make newspaper torches (just rolling up the paper, not actually lighting them on fire), was having issues making them look just like the ones Dave did. She didn't like my suggestion of cutting the orange paper farther ("But Daddy didn't do it that way!" even though he did) and eventually I got frustrated and said you can do it that way or not, it doesn't matter, but I'm done talking about it. At which point she responded with, "You're just saying that because you don't like me!" And I said yes. You're right, I don't like you. And I barely hid my laughter as she went downstairs sobbing to Dave that I don't like her. Fortunately, later, we joked about it when I made her put her nail polish away and she said "You're just making me do that because you don't like me!" and then she laughed.

Back to Nolan... playing Wii misses a shot. "Damn it!" Ugh. DAVE!!! Nolan had to go up to his room, and I keep giving him suggestions to say instead. And he goes, "So, I can say darn it, but not damn it?" Yes, Nolan. NOW STOP SAYING IT!!!

Anyway, here are some more pics of Ava and the kids. All is going way too well. Tomorrow is school registration, and I'm both happy and sad for it. The kids start September 1, and they're so excited for it it's hard for me not to be excited for them. And yet, I'm sad, too, for the stricter schedules, homework, places to be all the time. And more than a little worried over what I'll do with a newborn and a two-year-old all day!










4 comments:

Stacy said...

You are so funny! So glad things are going well with Ava and the crew.

Renee said...

Does Ava still have her tags on? You know, even if you don't like HER, you can't return her.. HA!

"Kids say the darnest things" right?

We are having trouble with Ben telling me to "Stop it" and when he is really tired and does not like what Mommy tells him to do, he tries to bite me....no matter how many time-outs.....

crazy kids!

Anonymous said...

Nolan has the greatest smile! I love the photo of him in this post. Not too many years before he's breaking hearts.

--Nicole

Jennifer Fink said...

"Holy crap" seems to be the bad words of choice around here, thanks to you-know-who.

Oh, and Sam said the f-word the other day too. I hadn't even noticed a) that Marc said it and b) that Sam was in the kitchen until it popped out of Sam's mouth. Oops!

Post a Comment