Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

I kid you not, I had an entire paragraph typed, I tried to rearrange pictures, and now the paragraph is gone. Ugh! I know, what's a paragraph, right? Not much, really. But it did talk about my pregnancy brain. I guess that proves it. Not only am I forgetful, but I'm crabby, annoyed and tired, too. My poor kids. At least, I feel bad for them right now. Several hours ago, I felt bad for me. This summer has been the summer of I'm boreds, tattletales and fighting. Last summer we did so much stuff. This summer, the weather and my tiredness have combined to slow us down quite a bit. I'm not sure if having the baby will slow us down or speed us up!

Anyway, the rest is all randomness. I'm sure it's something you're used to by now!

I've never taken a baby belly picture before, but I got cute little tiny shoes, and I thought I'd see how they fit...



Not sure they'll fit. This baby looks BIG! I mean, look at that belly!

Here's Max with the same shoes on his ears.


Here's Max with underwear on his head... Abby's underwear specifically. But, I put it in here so I could talk about potty training. I think we're in it! Max woke up this morning and said potty! So, he sat on the potty and peed. Yeah! Then he peed in his pants an hour later. Boo. But then he peed on the potty again after that. Yeah! For some reason today I thought it would be a good idea to go to Costco and leave our house at 11:50. Nobody had eaten lunch, and Max hadn't had any nap, but I thought, whatever, let's hit it. So, we stopped first at Noodles to eat. Max was in pullups and shorts, and as soon as we got there, he said "Potty!" So, Abby took him to the bathroom, where he peed. But she also took his pullup off and didn't put it back on. Uh oh. So, we're eating lunch and I kept asking if he had to go potty. He said yes once, so we went, and he peed. Yeah! Then we were eating again, he was feeling his bottom, and I asked if he had to poop. He said yes, so we went, and he pooped on the potty. YEAH! Then we went to finish eating, I looked again, and he's feeling his bottom again. Do you have to poop? Yes, so we ran to the bathroom. Too late, pooped in his shorts. Boo. So we got it all cleaned up, and he had wet shorts. I didn't have extra with me (you'd think I never potty trained before... there's that pregnancy brain again!) so we went to Target. I let him pick out underwear and we got a pair of shorts and went into the bathroom where he put on the shorts and decided he wanted a diaper. Then off to Costco, which actually went surprisingly well, and home. Max napped on the way home, which was perfect. Then, tonight, I took his dry diaper off, and he went potty again. Then again before bed. I'm a little too optimisic over how easy this is going so far, and didn't even really want to train while having the baby. Oh well... I gues sif he wants to, who am I to complain?



Awhile back, I talked about the concrete curbs/edging we had put in at our house. Apparently the pictures were on Dave's camera... Here they are! Don't they look nice?



We had them put in during Abby's last week of school, but the boys loved watching them and all their equipment.



Not only did the guys bring Nolan and Max race cars to play with, they let them put their handprints in the cement. That was pretty cool.



Abby got to do hers when she got home from school.



Now on to sports... SOFTBALL AND TBALL ARE DONE! Not that I'm excited or anything. :) I really did like watching Nolan play. They had so much fun. Abby's games were definitely more "real" but some of those girls? Whew! That's a lot of attitude for a 9 year old. And the coaches? Yeah, clearly they're those same girls' fathers. Tomorrow Dave's taking Abby and her team, plus Nolan, to the Brewer game. He has the suite through work. I say more power to him. I'm not sure I'd want to hang out with 10 girls and the coaches, but maybe that's the pregnancy brain again.

Here's a pic from before games started on picture day. Max certainly wanted to be one of the team!



Here's Abby and part of her team after the last game... Tournament champions! They came in second in league play, but then won throughout the championship week until the final game. Abby was pretty excited to get the trophy and the shirt!


I tried to get some pics of Abby in action. They're not the greatest, but they're here anyway!



Dave got some better pics of Nolan playing...





And finally, Nolan and his lost tooth! We went to the dentist in the morning, they told him his tooth was loose, and by nighttime, it was out. The funny thing is, he lost it eating ice cream, which is exactly how Abby lost hers! I think that's strange. I mean, ice cream? I guess, whatever it takes!
That's all I got for now. I'll update as my brain permits, but if nothing else, will update when baby Paige, Ava, Holly or Natalie comes around!

No comments:

Post a Comment