Thursday, December 4, 2008

Shopping!

Ok, I know the season isn't about shopping, but every year, Dave and I have a shopping day together. We take off work (ahem, Dave takes off work), we drop the kids off at daycare, and off we go to finish whatever it is that needs finishing. I think this was the third year we've done this now. It was a little more difficult logistically (we don't usually have daycare on Wednesday anymore!), we were both a little under the weather, and the snow was a bit of a hinderance (another 4 inches yesterday on top of the 8 inches we got Monday), but it was still a lot of fun. After dropping the kiddos off, we headed to Kohl's, Costco, Milwaukee Ale House to eat (and drink!), Toys R Us and Fleet Farm. I wanted to hit Target too, but just couldn't pack it in and still pick up the kids on time. I guess I'll have to do that one on my own. Anyway, we spent too much money, of course, but finished our shopping and, most importantly, got to spend some time together. It's fun to shop for the kids because you can just picture them and how much they'll enjoy each thing you pick out. And during the week when there's fewer crowds? I'm all for it! Hopefully this is a tradition that will carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment