Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Happy Holi!

My most recent trip to India. It may be the last trip for awhile as I will likely take a new job soon (still at Kohler, different business). I will really miss going here. 

i went to Kadambini's house for dinner. It was wonderful. Her sister in law Mini cooked and made Indian food that I liked! Meaning... no curry, and not spicy!

 We took a trip to the plan in Aurangabad. We left at 4:30 am and returned at 1 am. LONG day! With a lot of driving. I only had to concentrate a few times on not puking. Many of the bathrooms here have these buckets. I'm not sure why...
 Kadambini's house
 We also went on a tour of Pune. We went to see Gandhi's internment museum.
 The restaurant we went to for lunch. It was beautiful.
 Kadambini, Neha (our legal person) and of course, me!
 They make a thing like a snowcone, where they actually shave a block of ice. Kadambini loves it! I think it would be ok, but they put a ton of salt on it, which seems strange. She loves that it turns her tongue red.
 A beautiful day!
 Dinner with Sameer and his wife and son Ankit.
 This light fixture... I just can't! it turns colors and AND is a bluetooth speaker so plays music!
 HOLI! Holi is a festival of color in India. There are bon fires the night before and then you take the color and put it on faces and say Happy Holi. After a bit, you cover everyone in color and also the water guns come out. And the strange thing to me is... they're all sober!

 This is the aftermath of the bon fire. It's so beautiful!
 Just some kids celebrating Holi. The kid in red loved throwing water at me!
 With the wives of some of the Kohler associates.
 How cute is this kid?
 Prasad... too funny!
 Dancing! I even danced!
 I think they must be twins.
 The color!
 The purple got a bit wet and smeared. Everywhere. It was also the most difficult to get off my face. It took a couple of days.

 This kid loved tormenting the girls with his water guns.




HAPPY HOLI! 



No comments:

Post a Comment