Thursday, June 5, 2014

End of an era

I have worked at Direct Supply for 12 years. I was pregnant with Abby when I started working there, and now she'll be in 7th grade. And this week I let them know that I am leaving. My last day will be July 1, and I will become a Kohler employee officially on July 7. It truly wasn't a hard decision. The opportunity seemed perfect. It's the HR Manager for Supply Chain and Operations Support. It supports about 1000 people globally, so will also have some global travel. I was concerned about the drive, so they are letting me work from home one day a week, and gave me relocation benefits. There's a pension plan, a signing bonus, a guarantee of 150% on my bonus. How could I say no? Direct Supply was disappointed, but understood. I got a lot of hugs from all of the execs I support, which made me feel really, really good. It's crazy!!

Another era ending? Having a 6th grader, a 4th grader, a 1st grader and a preschooler. We now have a 7th grader, a 5th grader, a 2nd grader and a kindergartner. All kids will be in school! Also crazy! I'm proud of all of them very much, but I think I'm most proud of Max. He worked so hard on his reading this year, and was 4 levels behind going in. By the end of the year, he was AT LEVEL. That's so awesome! He rocked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment